Thursday, January 19, 2006




Today was a beautiful day. I went to a soap shop (Marseille is known for its soaps) and bought some soap. Then I headed to the post office to mail it. And the greatest part of all of this, is that I spoke in French to the nice postal worker. She understood me and I understood her. It makes me want to send a ton of packages. However, there is a funny part to today's adventure. Here the postal workers fill out the customs form for you. She asked me what was in the package and I responded savon (soap). Well because it is going to the U.S. she had to write that in English as well and so she asked me how to spell it. For the life of me I couldn't spell soap. It was so frustrating, so now there is a package being shipped priority mail to the U.S. that reads "soep". So hopefully it will get there. The flowers above were purchased in an open air market by my roommate. Aren't the beautiful? And the best part is that they cost 5 euros for 10 tulips. You can't get a better deal. The other picture is of an open air market in Aix-en Provence. I love flowers!!!

No comments: