Tuesday, January 10, 2006

To be understood . . .

Hey, so I know I'm not real good at keeping this updated, but I'm trying. So today was the best day so far (slight exaggeration--as my roommate would say)!!! I went to school and we had a substitute French teacher. She was so much fun and full of energy. The best part was that I understood everything that she said and was even able to respond in FRENCH!!! It is such a slow process. So you know that movie we all love-- "Grease"? You know those black, skin tight pants Sandy wears in the end? Well those are big over here; Along with very tight jeans. And my teacher was sportin 'em today. Anyway. . . Today was a good day. Oh and in class my teacher was asking us questions and we had to respond in French. Well she looks at me and says "What is your favorite French wine?" I couldn't believe it, she asks me that questions; the one who doesn't drink and on top of that she wanted to know of a French one. You must understand it is weird--almost incomprehensible for someone not to drink here and so trying to explain that to her in my very limited French vocabulary was tres dificile or very difficult.

No comments: